August 18, 2015 at 10:21 AM
Date Posted: August 12, 2015
Closing Date: August 26, 2015
Employer: Ambulance Paramedics of BC – CUPE Local 873
#105 – 21900 Westminster Hwy, Richmond, BC - www.apbc.ca
Position: Office Clerk / Executive Assistant
0.8FTE - 4 Days per week (26hrs)
Daily hours of work negotiable
Salary: Category 5 (Base: $776.62/wk, 1yr +: $801.58/wk)
Per Collective Agreement: http://goo.gl/xyZdag
Primary Duties, Responsibilities and Critical Tasks:
The following are key operational duties, however, the position may not be limited to these functions:
- Detailed confidential record and file keeping, both paper and electronic.
- Ingoing / outgoing mail and delivery processing.
- Answering / forwarding member and employer enquiries (by phone and email).
- Advanced Word Processing (MS Word):
- Letter development, review and formatting
- Forms letters, mail merge, newsletter and large document development
- Printed poster, brochure, pamphlet development and publishing.
- Advanced Spreadsheet Processing (MS Excel):
- Spreadsheet data processing
- Membership database management
- Forms, formulas and macro development.
- Computer Operations:
- Mac OS Environment
- Advanced Adobe Acrobat document development
- Basic website maintenance, blog / mass email processing
- DropBox cloud based file management.
- Preparing and processing payroll
- Expense processing and tracking
- Petty cash management.
- Executive Assistant:
- General assistant to provincial executive
- Executive calendar management
- Letter development, etc.
- Office equipment operation (Copier, scanner, printer, postage meter, etc).
- Office supplies ordering.
Qualifications / Prerequisites:
Applicants possessing the following qualifications and prerequisites will be given first consideration:
- Grade 12 diploma.
- 3 years relevant experience, or successful completion of relevant certificate program and 2 years related experience.
- Excellent time management, scheduling and organizational skills.
- Have demonstrated ability to work in self-directed, as well as, a team environment.
- Excellent written / oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to multi-task, with a strong attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge and use of Mac OS environment.
- Ability to take direction and work under pressure.
This position is covered by the ‘COPE 378 / CUPE BC Locals Collective Agreement’, which can be viewed here: http://goo.gl/xyZdag. The successful applicant will be subject to a 30-day probationary period. There is a possibility for the position to be expanded to full-time, 1.0FTE in the near future.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this rewarding opportunity and to become part of the APBC team, please send your resume, including cover letter, directly to Cameron Eby, Provincial Recording Secretary, by email at: , by end of day August 26, 2015.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.