2 Year Term – Website Administrator
Date Posted: January 3rd, 2023
Closing Date: January 24th, 2023
Position: Website Administrator
Term: 2 Year Term, Ending January 31, 2025
CUPE 873 is seeking interested member applicants for the position of Website Administrator. This role is defined in Bylaw 15.b14 and clarified below
Primary Duties, Responsibilities and Critical Tasks:
The following are key operational duties; however, the position may not be limited to these functions.
Working under the direction of the Provincial Executive Committee, the Web Administrator shall:
- Be responsible of the maintenance and upkeep of all union websites, servers, email systems, domains, website accounts, hosting services, membership databases, election systems, grievance systems, document management systems, multimedia services, backup systems, and other related internet-based union activities.
- Ensure that all of the above listed systems are updated and functioning correctly.
- Configure online-based nominations, elections and ballots, and report results to those prescribed in the Union’s Bylaws and Policies.
- Securely maintain an accurate list of access points / URLs and passwords for the Union’s internet-based services / activities.
- Provide support to the Union Executive in the membership and public use of the Union’s websites.
- Provide support to members in accessing the Union’s website and email system (login help requests).
- Create and maintain help videos and documentation, detailing the use of the websites.
- Envision future internet-based needs of the Union, and make recommendations, with costing, to the Provincial Executive Committee for consideration.
- Perform other work at the direction of the Provincial Executive Committee and/or Board.
- Participate in relevant training as approved by the Executive Committee or Board.
Applicants possessing the following qualifications and prerequisites will be given first consideration:
- 3 years’ relevant experience in a web administrator type role.
- Proficient in:
- Maintenance of remote servers, running Unix based OS
- File management via FTP, SFTP and SSH
- HTML and PHP scripting
- Content management system (CMS) and use WordPress
- Domain registration, pointing and maintenance
- Microsoft SharePoint/Office 365 including migration, on-going maintenance, and managing aspects of SharePoint infrastructure, including design, architecture, performance, monitoring, and security
- Apple and Mac platforms
- Social media marketing and utilization.
- Excellent general computer skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security practices required by the position.
This position is defined in the CUPE 873 Bylaws, Article 15.b14. Compensation for work done will be provided via union shift coverage, as deemed necessary by the Provincial Executive Committee.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and becoming part of the APBC team, please send your resume, including cover letter, by email to: email@example.com, by 15:00 PM on January 24, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Keith R Taylor
Interim Provincial Recording Secretary
Ambulance Paramedics of BC
CUPE Local 873