ACP Training Opportunities Update
Re: ACP Training Opportunities Update
The September 2020 Posting for ACP training opportunities is fast approaching, please ensure you review the settlement in detail for deadlines and pre-requirements.
I have attached the Settlement Agreement here: http://tiny.cc/0ljx8y
To be clear:
- There will be 8 ACP training opportunities offered in September 2020, 4 positions will begin training in 2021 and 4 in 2022.
- There are multiple pre-requirement courses that must be completed prior to application to the posting for the training opportunities, with set deadlines for completion.
- The requirements for application to the ACP training opportunity posting in September 2020 are outlined in the Settlement Agreement.
- The JIBC website identifies all prerequired courses for admission to the ACP training program and has set deadlines for completion.
- The EMA Education Fund Award outlines the application process to receive funds and has set deadlines for completion.
There is no carryover of training positions, there are 4 training opportunities each year, if the positions are not filled the training opportunity is lost.
This is a great opportunity for our membership, and we wish everyone success during the selection process.
If you have any questions regarding the training opportunities, please feel free to contact your RVP.
CUPE Local 873
Other links for information:
JIBC ACP entrance requirements: https://www.jibc.ca/search?search_api_fulltext=acp+entrance+requirements
JIBC application package for the EMA Education Fund Award and information on other financial assistance: https://www.jibc.ca/award/emergency-medical-assistant-education-fund-award
Please click HERE for a PDF version of this message.