Vehicle Idling Survey
The Joint BCEHS-APBC Decarbonization Committee wants to learn more about the practice of vehicle idling with work vehicles across BCEHS. This is part of ongoing efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions from BCEHS operations.
Please consider taking five minutes to complete this survey. Your response will contribute to the development of an idling reduction strategy at BCEHS. The survey is active now until December 4, 2022. Here is the link to the survey: https://forms.office.com/r/M0vp9PrNCU
The Joint Decarbonization Committee was formed in the spring of 2022 with the purpose of developing, promoting, and implementing strategies and initiatives for the reduction of the Green House Gas (GHG) emissions produced by BCEHS.
The work of the committee may include, however is not limited to:
- Promotion of GHG lowering initiatives among BCEHS workforce
- Promotion of sustainable and efficient driving behaviours
- Analyze the effectiveness of initiatives on GHG emission reductions
- Investigate and determine existing impediments to the adoption of GHG lowering initiatives
- Development of training material on operation of electrified vehicle fleet
- Develop and recommend plans for further adoption of GHG lowering initiatives
The members of this committee include:
- Director of BCEHS Fleet Operations (Committee Co-Chair)
- Manager, Fleet Design and Safety
- Senior Business Analyst, Logistics and Transportation Operations
- Chair of the APBC Environment and Climate Change Committee (Committee Co-Chair)
- APBC representative (nominated by APBC)
The idling survey responses will be shared in a subsequent memorandum.
Director, Fleet Operations
Emergency Health Services
Chair, APBC Environment & Climate Change Committee
Ambulance Paramedics of BC
CUPE Local 873