2020 Provincial Elections: make your vote count.
With provincial elections looming, the Ambulance Paramedics and Emergency Dispatchers of BC (APBC) remind voters that access to healthcare in BC is the responsibility of our Provincial Government. This includes access to Paramedic and Ambulance service in British Columbia.
Our Province is as diverse as it is vast, and with no two communities the same the healthcare needs of British Columbians are dynamic and mounting. As our population in all communities grow and age, our healthcare system must evolve to overcome the challenges it faces. BC Paramedics are a key part of BC’s healthcare team and with pressures like the Covid-19 pandemic, the opioid epidemic, and the constant threat of natural disasters (such as floods or wildfires) it is imperative that timely access to high-quality paramedic service is a priority for our provincial leaders.
On October 24th, it is important that voters elect leaders who believe the health and safety of British Columbians are a priority.
When the Provincial Government is willing to work collaboratively with municipal leaders, they can cultivate innovative solutions for the healthcare needs of their community as evidenced by the development of the Community Paramedic (CP) Program. Over 99 communities in BC now participate in the CP Program and have seen how BC Paramedics can provide enhanced patient care that reduces the strain on the health care system at large.
When heading to the polls, BC Paramedics and Ambulance Dispatchers want voters to consider:
- What is your candidate’s view of the current paramedic resourcing levels in your community and across our Province?
- What is your candidate’s stance on the on-call staffing model for paramedics and the problem with recruitment and retention it leads to?
- What is your candidate’s stance on further development of Community Paramedicine positions in their constitute and across the Province?
- What is your candidate’s stance on paramedic high workloads, as wells as, high rates of mental and physical injury?
- Does the candidate support advocating action to ensure the health and safety needs of ALL British Columbians are met?
The Ambulance Paramedics and Emergency Dispatchers of BC strive to provide all British Columbians with the highest level of care possible and embraces the opportunity to work with provincial leaders to ensure British Columbians healthcare needs are met.
For more information on how government can work with the Ambulance Paramedics and Emergency Dispatchers of BC to ensure their community has adequate access to paramedic services check out the documents below and visit our website.
- Ambulance Paramedics and Dispatchers: Who We Are
- Community Solutions: Rural and Remote
- Community Solutions: Metro and Urban
- Community Resource Document: Find out what is available in your community!
Authorized by The Ambulance Paramedics of BC-CUPE Local 873, registered sponsor under the Election Act, 105 – 21900 Westminster Hwy, Richmond BC, V6W 1J5.