Ambulance Paramedics and Emergency Dispatchers of B.C., C.U.P.E. Local 873/873-02,
of 2270-21331 Gordon Way Richmond, B.C., V6W 1J9.
A member in good standing of the Union.
A. The Union is the Union representing ambulance attendants, drivers, dispatchers and trainers employed by the British Columbia Ambulance Service.
B. The Union has a web page for the benefits of its members.
C. Members identified by the Provincial Executive Committee have the ability to post content to the web page
D. The Ambulance Paramedics of BC and Emergency Dispatches of BC web pages are an area utilized for communicating with the Membership
E. The Union and the Members mutually benefit from the availability of the web Page.
F. The Union, as owner and operator of the web page controls the content of the web page.
G. The Union wishes to ensure the Members conduct themselves appropriately on the web page.
H. The Members wish to be able to enjoy the benefits of the web page.
IN CONSIDERATION OF THE MUTUAL PROMISES CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE PARTIES AGREE AS FOLLOWS:
1. If the Member agrees to the conditions that follow the Union shall make the services of the web page available to the Member.
2. The Member shall acknowledge that the web page is the private property of the Union.
3. The Member shall only post to the Web page on the strict understanding that no postings to the web page may be considered private or confidential and acknowledges that all material will be considered publicly accessible.
4. The Member shall not print, copy or forward messages posted to the web page without the express written consent of the Union.
5. The Union shall not unreasonably withhold consent for content to be printed, copied or forwarded.
6. The Union may provide written consent by letter, facsimile, e-mail, signed by an executive member of the Union, authorized to provide consent.
7. The Union does not screen in advance the Member’s material submitted for posting on the web page. Publication on the web page of material submitted by a Member does not create any express or implied approval by the Union of such material, nor does it indicate such material complies with the terms of this agreement.
Limitations on postings to the message board.
8. The Member shall strictly adhere to C.U.P.E.’s statement on harassment when posting messages to the web page.
9. The Member shall not post any message to the web page containing material that is libelous or slanderous or for the use of solicitation.
10. The member shall not post any content to the web page board containing profanity, obscenities, or pornographic material.
11. The Member shall not post any content to the web page containing discriminatory statements.
12. The Member shall not post material for the purposes of furthering their political agenda while pursuing election or re-election to a Union office or committee or any other position within the Union or elsewhere.
13. The Member shall not post material regarding any Political Organization unless authorized by the Union.
14. The Union may remove any content from the web page that, in the sole opinion of the Union, violates any term of this agreement.
Revocation of privileges.
15. The Union may revoke the Member’s use of the web page, at any time, if in the sole opinion of the Union, the Member violates any of the terms of this agreement.
16 The Union shall revoke the use of the web page from any person who is not or fails to remain a Member.
17 The Union may pursue all legal remedies against any person found using the web page who is not a Member.
Reinstatement of privileges.
18 The Union may reinstate, any Member whose use of the web page has been revoked, at its sole discretion.