Morris Ebanks Memorial Scholarship 2017
AMBULANCE PARAMEDICS OF BC & EMERGENCY DISPATCHERS
CUPE LOCALS 873 & 873-02
MORRIS EBANKS MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
TERMS OF REFERENCE
As an EMS/Public Safety profession APBC is committed to social responsibility. As a result, scholarships are not only awarded based on a student’s academic performance but also takes into consideration an applicant’s social awareness/responsibility, community service, athleticism etc. In addition to the minimum requirements, the APBC will determine who the successful applicants are, taking into consideration the following values and criteria:
- Academics (GPA/marks) and scholastics
- Letters of recommendation and/or reference
- Community service, volunteer hours, social awareness/responsibility
- Athleticism, extracurricular activity, and sports activity
- Appreciation of labour and its principles
- Appreciation of EMS and public safety and its principles
- Financial need and hardship
- Parent, Guardian or Spouse of Applicant, or the Applicant her/himself
must be a member in good standing of CUPE Local 873 or 873-02/03
at the time of application.
- Applicant must have completed Grade 12 in the current calendar year.
- Applicant must be entering first year of a recognized post-secondary institution.
(i.e. University, College, Trade or Technical School). A copy of the acceptance letter from
the admitting institution must be supplied to the Scholarship Committee.
- Applicant must complete an Application Form as supplied by the Scholarship Committee,
supported by copies of the Senior Secondary Statement and letter(s) of reference from
school principal or counselor.
- Applicant must include a covering letter.
C. DISTRIBUTION OF SCHOLARSHIP
- Three (3) $1000.00 scholarships will be awarded by the Scholarship Committee.
MAIL COMPLETED APPLICATIONS TO:
AMBULANCE PARAMEDICS OF BC, CUPE LOCAL 873
105 – 21900 WESTMINSTER HIGHWAY
RICHMOND BC V6V 0A8
DEADLINE: JULY 15, 2017
ONLY THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED