2 Year Term – Social Media Director
Date Posted: January 3rd, 2023
Closing Date: January 24th, 2023
Position: Social Media Director
Term : 2 Year Term, Ending January 31, 2025
CUPE 873 is seeking interested member applicants for the position of Social Media Director. This role is defined in bylaw 15.b15, and clarified below.
Primary Duties, Responsibilities and Critical Tasks:
As a vital and integral part up the union’s strategies and functions, the following are key operational duties, however, the position may not be limited to these functions. Working under the direction of the Provincial Executive Committee, the Social Media Director shall:
- Have access to post on and manage the Union’s social media accounts, with an aim to engage audience daily
- Respond to, or forward inquires received through social media accounts
- Perform all duties in accordance with Union Policies on public communications and the principles outlined in the Union Strategic Plan
- Work closely with the Union’s President, Executive/Committee/Board, Communications Director, Public Education Committee and Union Website Administrator(s), to optimize the Union’s social media presence and engagement both internally and externally
- Devise special social media campaigns and/or initiatives to drive follower interactions
- Perform other work at the direction of the Provincial Executive Committee and/or Board
- Participate in relevant training as approved by the Executive Committee or Board.
Applicants possessing the following qualifications and prerequisites will be given first consideration:
- Excellent written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge in the use of various social media platforms, for the purposes of marketing and target audience outreach
- Excellent general computer skills
- Experience with digital graphic design
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security practices required by the position.
This position is defined in the CUPE 873 Bylaws, article 15.b15. Compensation for work done will be provided via union shift coverage, as deemed necessary by the Provincial Executive Committee.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity and becoming part of the CUPE 873 team, please send your resume, including cover letter, by email to: email@example.com, by 16:00 on January 24th, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
Keith R Taylor
Interim Provincial Recording Secretary
Ambulance Paramedics of BC
CUPE Local 873