CALL FOR RESOLUTIONS – July 2022
TO: ALL MEMBERS – CUPE LOCAL 873
As you are well aware, Convention 2022 is fast approaching and now is the time to submit your resolutions for debate. Convention 2022 will be held on October 18th & 19th, 2022.
Resolutions can be submitted through the APBC.ca website, at this address:
Standard resolution forms can also be downloaded from the APBC.ca website.
Please forward your resolutions to the Union office by THURSDAY, August 04, 2022. All resolutions received after the cut off will be deemed as late and will be dealt with after current resolutions are complete at the 2022 Convention and time permits.
A few tips for resolutions:
- The preferred route of resolution submission is online, via: https://www.apbc.ca/members-area/information/convention/submit-a-resolution/
- Please make sure handwritten resolutions are legible.
- Please make sure the author and seconder are clearly legible and members in good standing.
- Please be specific in what your resolution is about.
- Bylaw resolutions must contain specific language with reference to the bylaw you wish to add, delete or amend.
The Committee will call members should clarification be required. All resolutions received before closing will be processed and put in the package for Delegates.
As a reminder, if any Bylaw Resolutions were submitted for Convention 2021 and they were not debated, they will be debated and voted on at Convention 2022. All Resolutions for Convention 2021 that were debated and voted on at Provincial Executive Board meetings and the results can be found at www.apbc.ca.
Thank you for your co-operation.
Bylaws and Resolutions Committee
CUPE Local 873
Please click HERE to view PDF version of this message.